Interview with Alexander Zverev
- How are you feeling on the grass so far after a couple of weeks and also after the French?
- Alexander Zverev: I feel okay so far. I played well. I mean Viktor is a very good grass court player. He played very well last week and he did finals in Stuttgart and semis in Queens. So, he knows how to play on the surface. So, I feel pretty good. I’m playing well. I didn’t do a lot of mistakes and served quite well, as well as returned quite well which is probably the most important on grass. I am just happy that I could beat somebody like Viktor in straight sets.
- How are you approaching the grass court season this year? Last year, it was your first time at Wimbledon and you made it to the second round. This year you said that you are also physically stronger?
- Alexander Zverev: Yes. It is different now. Last year would have been my first Grand Slam in the main draw. So, it’s different now. I think I’m also more prepared to play big matches. Last year, I played one five setter and was exhausted for three days. That’s why I think I am more prepared for Grand Slams now. I am already looking forward first to Halle and the upcoming matches here and then also to Wimbledon.
- A few words regarding your next opponent, Benny Becker?
- Alexander Zverev: I played him twice last year. Once on clay and once on hard court and won both matches. Of course, he is playing very good, made it through qualis and won against Gulbis yesterday. This shows that he’s playing very very well at the moment. It will surely be a difficult match tomorrow.