Interview with Alexander Zverev
- Alex, you play on grass very natural. Can we say that it is your favourite surface, watching you on hard court, clay court, grass, on every surface you are playing very natural?
- Alexander Zverev: I mean, for me it doesn’t really matter what surface it is. It more depends on me, how I play, how I feel. I've played well on all four surfaces. I played well on clay, I played well on hard at the beginning of the year. So, I can’t really say there’s a surface I don’t like or something like that.
- You didn’t face any breakpoints, you must be very pleased with how you served to get out of that first set tiebreak?
- Alexander Zverev: Yes, I served well, my percentage was quite high, I served a lot of aces in important moments as well. In the tiebreak, I think I served only two second serves. So, it was good to get that through as well. Against someone like Marcos, who plays so well from the baseline, you have to make a lot of first serves and I knew that. You know, I’m just happy with the way I served and the way I played.
- At the end of the tiebreak you were getting the crowd going. It seems you enjoy playing at home?
- Alexander Zverev: Yes, I always enjoy playing at home. It’s that simple. I mean I always enjoy having the crowd behind me, I always enjoy playing in front of a big crowd. So, for me it’s always quite nice to play here and to play in Hamburg obviously as well. So, I really love both of these tournaments.