Interview with Dustin Brown
- This is your third time here in Halle and your first victory. Now you’ll play Nadal. It can’t get any better, can it?
- Dustin Brown: Yes, it is really great. Thank you to Mr. Weber for giving me the Wild Card for the singles. I love playing well here. I lost twice which was really bitter, once against Flo and once against Kohli. It’s great I could win, especially given that second round. I got off to a great start, in between things didn’t go that well. He started to return better or maybe read my serves better, maybe it was just luck but for me that was bitter. Therefore, I’m happy I turned the match around and was able to win the second set.
- Your opponent, Rafael Nadal is a shining light?
- Dustin Brown: Yes, you see him at tournaments but I never played him. I guess everybody has seen him on TV. It’s going to be nice to play him. And I much prefer it to be on grass than on clay (laughs). Now, I’ll first focus on the doubles match with Jan-Lennard Struff and then we’ll see how the week will go.
- Is it maybe the perfect time to meet Nadal? It’s his first match after a Grand Slam and you will have played two matches by then.
- Dustin Brown: Yes, of course but I think that the top pros don’t need as much time to adapt. You can’t choose your draw. Of course, it would have been nice to play against someone else. But, on the other hand, I have never played against him and am really looking forward to the match and, it’s on my favourite surface. The good thing is, I don’t feel any pressure and can just focus on playing my game.