Interview with Florian Mayer
- Your first ATP final since 2011, it is probably special that it is here in Halle?
- Florian Mayer: Yes, of course. I was in the final in Munich and it was my fourth final and I lost it again. So, it was a really hard time 2011 in Munich. But I won a title already in Bucharest, so I can be more relaxed tomorrow, I have no pressure. And to be in the final of a 500 tournament here in Germany on grass is really nice for me
- And being dominant against a player, who has been playing so well, must also give you great confidence going into Wimbledon?
- Florian Mayer: Yes, of course. Also against Seppi, who was in the final last year. He’s a great grass court player. It was really two nice wins for me. I think yes, for Wimbledon, of course, I need luck with the draw. You never know, if you have Djokovic first round, that will be tough. But I’m not seeded, so I will need some luck for the draw to win some rounds.
- And tomorrow against Zverev, what do you make of it?
- Florian Mayer: I think it’s going to be a very tough match. He’s a young upcoming German player. He will be top ten for sure in the future. I think he will be a little bit the favourite. Maybe the pressure is a little bit more on his side to win his first title. So, we will see. I will give my best and then we will see what happens.