Interview with Jan-Lennard Struff
- Surely, you wanted to do very well today, playing in front of your home crowd?
- Jan-Lennard Struff: Of course, I wanted to do well and I’m very disappointed. I thought that I really found into the match well and then got that stupid break after it was 40-15. Then, somehow, I didn’t find my consistency and into the match. I didn’t succeed in dictating the game. I had planned to play more aggressive but somehow couldn’t.
- We theorists would think that the warmer Halle should suit you much more than the cold Munich did with your serve and forehand?
- Jan-Lennard Struff: Yes, one should think that grass should suit me more if my serve works and with the faster baseline strokes. But today, this wasn’t the case. But the grass court season is not yet over and if I work hard I can improve. I will play doubles with Dustin here and then next week s’Hertogenbosch. Afterwards, I plan to go to Wimbledon.
- How big is the disappointment not being able to play Roger Federer in the round of last sixteen?
- Jan-Lennard Struff: For sure, very big. I’ve never played him and would have loved to play against him, that’s for sure. But with today’s performance that isn’t possible.