Interview with Kei Nishikori
- It was a very close match. Are you happy with your game?
- Kei Nishikori: Yes. I mean it’s always tough the first match and for me it’s the first match of the grass court season. So, it’s good to win even though if we go three sets. Bu I think I should have kept the first set, especially in the tiebreaker I had many chances, I was up 5-2 and missed a couple of easy shots. It was a shame to lose the tiebreak. But after that I was still focussing well and returning better in the second. So, I think it’s a good start.
- Was it tough to get into the match after the late start?
- Kei Nishikori: Yes, it was tough. We couldn’t really warm up on the grass. And some delay, too. I don’t know why they opened the roof. But I think I was focussed and prepared for today’s match. So, it was okay.
- There is a strong field at Queens and here. Why did you choose to come here again?
- Kei Nishikori: Now I’ve been feeling like home here. I’ve been playing like three or four years in a row and it is very easy, convenient, you know, the hotel and the site is next to it. I can get practice on the practice court, too. So, I think it’s easy for me to come here. And I think it’s a great tournament. Many great players are playing. So, it’s great preparation for Wimbledon.